Monday, August 3, 2009

Week 9 Thing 21

Podcasts:

Podcasts are something that truly amazes me. I find myself watching my 12 year old making podcasts on a weekly bases. It's amazing what he can come up with during the time that he is creating. I think if podcasting was used more in schools as a way to do a book report among other things kids would be more excited about school and want to do more and put more into their work. With today's society everyone wants to be a star, why not let them and encourage them to go beyond what they have done. Let them teach us what they can do with a podcast, as long as they can stay in the school guidelines. I downloaded two rss feeds to my bloglines account.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine was telling me that her husband has become a much better writer because he has started blogging on ADN (Anch. Daily News). He takes a lot of time to research and to craft his responses because the audience is real and the topics are of interest to him. Engagement is key and It drives me crazy to see so many teachers doing the same old same old and stifling the kids use of these tools. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete