Monday, August 3, 2009

Week 9 Thing 22

Ebooks and Audio ebooks:

I would agree that kids in Special Ed. benefit from ebooks or audio books, I have seen that first hand. It helps them to follow along and to better understand the book. I have not been an avid e or audio book user, I prefer to read things myself. I tend to get into the characters a little more. Which leads me into thinking about volunteering to read for Librivox. I checked out the site and I know some people can handle others reading, but unfortunately the few books that I took a listen to the voices seemed very ....well sorry for saying this boring. I need to listen to someone with energy and upbeat and into what they are reading. People love listening to me read, they get into whatever novel or piece of literature I am reading aloud. I do not think that I could listen to an e-book or audio book on a commute unless it was really entertaining. Last year I was blessed to work with a visually impaired student, that student would always tell me that I should be a reader for audio books. Maybe I'll look into that for a second career, I'll have to research that option. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment