Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 6 Thing 15

Read some perspectives on web 2.0 future of libraries:

After reading a few articles I have had loads of thoughts going through my mind. The way that libraries offer their services is very important now and in the future to come. I totally agree with Michael Stephens when he says, "the Library is human." I also feel as if the library of a school is the temple of the school a place where all gather to converse, educate, and learn new and historical information about our world and its surroundings. There are so many things that I want to try at our library.....like the idea of a cyber cafe, I think that would go over real well at our school. Also collaborating with Amazon.com about downloading books. The more information we learn the more we can reach out and help others. Our school already has a wiki page and the kids seem to use it quite a bit from what I have noticed. Our librarian has done a wonderful job setting it up for the kids and staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment