Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week Two Thing Three

Setting Up a Blog and Designing an Avatar:


I really enjoyed setting up a blog. I didn't realize that it could be so easy, I guess I should've asked my 12 year old for help. He could've helped me, he's a whiz at the web 2.0 tools. That is one of my goals by taking this course, to become a better whiz than he is.
Designing the avatar was a lot of fun, it was kind of like playing with paper dolls in a new techno time. It is unbelievable the different backgrounds, people, and apparel one can choose from. It's funny it was hard for me to determine if I wanted to look like myself or someone else. Then when I noticed you could pick plus size, I was like this is great! I could be myself in a sexy cartoon way. She pretty much looks like me, especially when she smiles and has no eyes, that is totally me. OMG, my son just said he doesn't know the blogspot web site......I'm moving up in the world. :)

1 comment:

  1. 12 year olds are really good at dealing with this Web 2.0 stuff. You have definitely arrived if your 12 year old doesn't know about the site :-)

    One of the things that has been coming out in a lot of the research about social web is the very anonymity that it allows and how that changes the social interaction in some fundamental ways for some people. I find that I am shy in social situations on the web just like I am shy in social situations in real life....

    Ann

    ReplyDelete